CS6712 GRID AND CLOUD COMPUTING LABORATORY MANUAL
CREDITS: FDTP TEAM - ANAND INSTITUTE OF HIGHER TEHNOLOGY
The student should be made to:
Be exposed to tool kits for grid and cloud environment.
Be familiar with developing web services/Applications in grid framework
Learn to run virtual machines of different configuration.
Learn to use Hadoop
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
GRID COMPUTING LAB
Use Globus Toolkit or equivalent and do the following:
1. Develop a new Web Service for Calculator.
2. Develop new OGSA-compliant Web Service.
3. Using Apache Axis develop a Grid Service.
4. Develop applications using Java or C/C++ Grid APIs
5. Develop secured applications using basic security mechanisms available in Globus Toolkit.
6. Develop a Grid portal, where user can submit a job and get the result. Implement it with and without GRAM concept.
CLOUD COMPUTING LAB
Use Eucalyptus or Open Nebula or equivalent to set up the cloud and demonstrate.
1. Find procedure to run the virtual machine of different configuration. Check how many virtual machines can be utilized at particular time.
2. Find procedure to attach virtual block to the virtual machine and check whether it holds the data even after the release of the virtual machine.
3. Install a C compiler in the virtual machine and execute a sample program.
4. Show the virtual machine migration based on the certain condition from one node to the other.
5. Find procedure to install storage controller and interact with it.
6. Find procedure to set up the one node Hadoop cluster.
7. Mount the one node Hadoop cluster using FUSE.
8. Write a program to use the API's of Hadoop to interact with it.
9. Write a wordcount program to demonstrate the use of Map and Reduce tasks
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
At the end of the course, the student should be able to
Use the grid and cloud tool kits.
Design and implement applications on the Grid.
Design and Implement applications on the Cloud.
LIST OF EQUIPMENT
FOR A BATCH OF 30 STUDENTS:
Globus Toolkit or equivalent
Eucalyptus or Open Nebula or equivalent
Standalone desktops 30 Nos
Globus Toolkit 4.0.2 Deployment on Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackelope [part 1]
Globus Toolkit 4.0.2 Deployment on Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackelope [part 2]
OpenNebula 4.0 Home Lab - Part 1 - Lab VM Creation
OpenNebula 4.0 Home Lab - Part 2 - Installing OpenNebula on Ubuntu 13.04
OpenNebula 4.0 Home Lab - Part 3 - KVM and Open vSwitch Install on Ubuntu 13.04